Arsenal authors featured at Growing Room festival in Vancouver
UPDATE (March 12/20): Due to health concerns over the Corornavirus, the Growing Room festival has been cancelled.
So many authors, so little time! One of our favourite events of the year here in Vancouver is the annual Growing Room Literary & Arts Festival, a celebration of diverse Canadian writers and artists which takes place every March.
This year's festival takes place March 11 to 15, and we are thrilled that so many of our authors are taking part:
- Amber Dawn, the award-winning novelist, poet and prose writer whose latest book is My Art Is Killing Me and Other Poems
- Jillian Christmas, Vancouver's legendary spoken word performer, who is publishing The Gospel of Breaking, her very first poetry collection
- Dina Del Bucchia, whose beguiling story collection Don't Tell Me What to Do was published in 2017
- Justin Ducharme is the co-editor (with Amber Dawn) of the visionary poetry anthology Hustling Verse
- Corinne Manning, whose stunning debut story collection We Had No Rules is being published this spring (copies available at the festival)
- Tea Mutonji, whose stunning short story collection Shut Up You're Pretty - the first book in Vivek Shraya's VS. Books imprint - was a finalist for the 2019 Rogers Writers' Trust of Canada Fiction Prize
- Kai Cheng Thom, whose latest book, the essay collection I Hope We Choose Love: A Trans Girl's Notes from the End of the World, was recently named a Stonewall Book Award Honor Book by the American Library Association (Kai Cheng will be delivering this year's keynote address)
- Alicia Tobin, comedian extraordinaire, whose enchanting and funny debut nonfiction book So You're a Little Sad, So What? was published in fall 2019
To top it off, this year's stunning poster was illustrated by Arielle Twist, whose debut poetry book Disintegrate/Dissociate was launched at last year's festival!
To get the lowdown of when and where, check out our events listings on our homepage, or the Growing Room festival website.
See you there!